How's distance learning going in your school?
Let's find out together...
Introducing Long Distance CALL. Derived from the evidence-based Comprehensive Assessment of Leadership for Learning (CALL), Long Distance CALL takes the same approach to assessing and supporting school-wide leadership.
What is Long Distance CALL?
- A school-wide leadership assessment and feedback system for remote teaching and learning.
- Rather than focus on one specific person, Long Distance CALL uses a Distributed Leadership lens to assess key leadership practices across the school(s).
- Long Distance CALL begins with a comprehensive survey activity for teachers, instructional support staff, and school administrators.
- It provides action-based data for school improvement planning.
Why use Long Distance CALL?
Even though schools are operating in the remote teaching and learning context, school improvement work needs to continue. In fact, it is now more important than ever to focus on ongoing school improvement.
In addition, Long Distance CALL:
- Provides an opportunity to assess the effectiveness and opportunities for growth in the remote teaching and learning school environment.
- Provides an opportunity, within Long Distance CALL itself, to compare data from the in-person and online school environments.
- Provides an opportunity to collect data for school improvement during a time in which data-collection is challenging.
- Given the online functionality, provides an opportunity to engage with the Long Distance CALL survey activity anywhere.
- Gives users to ability to view results immediately after survey administration to identify areas of strength and improvement needs.
More about Long Distance CALL
After the Long Distance CALL survey activity has been implemented in a school, school leaders can work with the Leadership for Learning (L4L) Coaching Process for ongoing support in leveraging the action-based data to create action steps.
Long Distance CALL assesses school-wide leadership practices in the following core domains:
- Focus on Leadership for Sustained School Growth
- Prioritize Learning for All Students in All Contexts
- Support and Enhance Instruction
- Build Professional Nested Learning Communities
- Maintain an Effective & Inclusive Learning Environment
Contact The CALL Team for more information and a one-to-one demo of the Long Distance CALL System.