CALL User Stories
CALL is: Practice Based
CALL is: Research Validated
Developed by researchers at the University of Wisconsin, validated at over 200 schools across the country, CALL addresses the five domains of leadership practice most closely correlated with school effectiveness:
- Focus on Learning
- Monitoring Teaching and Learning
- Building Nested Learning Communities
- Acquiring and Allocating Resources
- Maintaining a Safe and Effective Learning Environment
Four to five subdomains are situated within each of the leadership domains. These subdomains serve as the primary unit of analysis for CALL. Learn more about the CALL subdomains.
CALL is: Improvement Focused
Opportunities in Which to Use CALL
There are multiple purposes for using CALL. Here are some common use cases (learn more here):
- School Improvement Planning
- The CALL Data Feedback Report provides resources that school leaders can directly apply to their school improvement plans.
- Professional Development
- CALL identifies areas on which principals need to focus their time and energy.
- Educator Effectiveness Systems
- Districts can use CALL as part of EE systems that require surveys as part of principal effectiveness evaluations. Or, principals can use CALL to obtain formative data in preparation for their impending evaluations.
- Common Core Implementation
- CALL functions as a diagnostic tool that identifies the areas of instructional leadership that need more attention for a complex initiative such as Common Core implementation.
- School Leadership Program (SLP) Grants
- SLP grantees use CALL to assess their work of supporting schools and school leaders in high-need local education agencies.
- School Leadership Preparation Programs
- Principal preparation programs can use CALL as part of a self-evaluation of their program as well as use CALL as part of pre-service principals' field work.
- Education Research Projects
- Education researchers can use CALL in research projects to obtain an organization-level measure of school quality and apply those factors to subsequent analyses.
Acquiring and Using CALL
CALL is provided to schools and districts as an annual subscription. The subscription per year per school includes administration of the survey to all school staff, access to the data and improvement suggestions for the full year, and online professional development in the use of CALL. Customization of the survey, multiple administrations, custom reports, and in-person professional development are available at additional charges.
Please contact CALL for pricing information. Pricing at the district and state-level is available on request.
Interested in Viewing a Demonstration of the CALL System?
For More Information...
Please feel free to pass along the CALL Brochure to your colleagues and other interested parties.
For more information, please contact CALL or contact the Wisconsin Center for Education Products and Services:
510 Charmany Drive
Madison, WI 53719
Ph: (866) 767-2225